Changing the Apple Music payment method on iOS involves changes to all other apps. The streaming service is billed via the App Store, and the exchange must be made using your Apple ID. With this, if you change your profile, automatically active subscriptions in other apps will also be updated to the new form. Here’s how to make the change.
iOS streaming service billing is done through the App Store and you need to change your Apple ID payment method
How to change the Apple Music payment method
To manage the payment method and change or add new information, follow the steps below:
On the iPhone
- Enter “Settings”;
- Tap your name;
- Select “Payment and Delivery”;
- Sign in to your Apple ID;
- Tap on Add payment method if you want to include new information;
- Tap on the payment method to change the information;
- It is possible to change the order by clicking on “Edit”;
The order of payments means that Apple will attempt to charge you in whatever way you choose. If there’s a problem with the first one, it’ll move on to the next one from top to bottom.
- Open the App Store;
- Click on your name;
- Select “View Information”;
- Next to Payment Information, click Manage Payments. (If you are using an older version of macOS, click Edit to the right of “Payment Type.”) You may need to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Access your Apple Music profile;
- Enter “Account and Payment Information”;
- Just add or remove the payment method and confirm;
How to change payment in Home Sharing
In-Home Sharing, the family organizer controls the only payment method, which is shared among the other users in the group.
It is possible for the organizer to add new payment methods to the Apple ID, however, only the first one on the list will be shared with the family.