Cleaning an inkjet printer can solve minor problems, maintain print quality, and extend periods between professional cleanings. Fine white lines throughout prints indicate that the ink nozzles need to be cleaned.
Things You’ll Need
- Cleaning Solution for Plastic
- Cleaning Cloths
How to Clean an Inkjet Printer
Show More Instructions
- Cleaning the Outer Frame
- Collect the supplies you need: a soft cloth and cleaning fluid made for plastic. (Water is good in most cases).
- Check the printer manual. If the manufacturer has provided specific instructions, follow them.
- Turn off the printer.
- Dampen the cloth with water or cleaning fluid.
- Clean the outside of the printer, making sure no liquid gets inside.
- Cleaning cartridges or ink nozzles
- Use the cleaning buttons on your printer if you have them
- Start cleaning through the printer software
- Open the printer software by double-clicking a printer icon or opening a document and then selecting Print from the File menu
- click a button labeled Options, Troubleshooting, Clean Print Cartridges, Toolbox, Printer Utilities, or something similar. (This varies by manufacturer.
- Click a button labeled Head Cleaning, Run Nozzle Check, Clean Print Cartridges, or something similar to start the process
- Follow the instructions on the screen
- Repeat the cleaning process if the results are not satisfactory
- Go to the printer manufacturer’s website for detailed instructions on manual cartridge cleaning and interior cleaning.
Read More: Difference between Inkjet and Laser Printer