Lack of RAM is one of the most common problems you can find on your PC. Be it a desktop computer or a laptop. And it is not a minor evil since it can slow down its speed so much that it becomes difficult to continue using it normally. Freeing RAM is the first solution to this problem. Although if it persists you should think about replacing the RAM with a higher one or even change your computer.
How to free RAM memory from your Windows 10 OS computer
Do you have a Windows 10 operating system computer? It does not matter if it is an apple computer, a Lenovo computer or any other brand, the procedures to free RAM are the same in all of them.
This is especially important if you make very demanding use of your computer, for example with video games or using several programs at the same time, and you are always on the edge or demanding of your computer above what its RAM memory can offer.
Anyway, keep in mind if your PC is prepared for your needs and demands of users. Do you have a cheap computer with a poor RAM? Is there no use session that does not cause problems for this reason? Is putting your PC to the limit is something you do day and day too? Keep in mind that freeing up RAM is not the ultimate solution to your problem.
If the other PC components of your computer, starting with the processor, support it, you will have to consider replacing its RAM with a higher one. For example, moving from a 4GB RAM to at least a 16GB RAM. Or go buy a computer with 8GB RAM or higher. The rest are just momentary patches to get out of the way.
Disable startup programs to free up RAM
One of the most interesting actions to free RAM is to know what programs are started up every time you turn on your PC and decide which of them are expendable. That is, which ones you can disable because it is unnecessary for them to run every time you turn on your computer.
How do you do this? It is very simple. We tell you step by step to make it easier for you to do so.
- First of all you must access the task manager of your team. You can do it by putting “Task Manager” in the PC browser or directly control alt delete.
- Access the start tab and discover all the programs that start when you turn on the computer.
- Rate which programs are expendable and you can disable to free RAM. If you don’t know what they are or what they are for, don’t risk eliminating a program that may be vital for you. Research or leave it as is. You should also keep in mind that high impact programs are those that you are most interested in disabling. Why? Because they are the ones that require the most resources for their operation.
- Click with the right mouse button on those programs that you have decided to disable.
Close applications running in the background
Another effective way to free up RAM memory at a certain time is to force close those applications that run in the background and slow down your computer. It is true that it is not the way to free up RAM in quantity but everything adds up and according to your equipment it may be enough for its normal operation.
For this you will have to follow these steps.
- Access the task manager.
- Within this, access the Processes tab.
- Decide which process you want to close. And to do so, click on it with the right mouse button and then select End Task.
Please note that some applications running in the background are malware. Tracking this with your antivirus or using a better security program is the best option if you suspect that this may be one of the reasons why your computer slows down. Not only to free up RAM but also to protect your computer and the data it manages.
Remove deprecated applications and programs to free up RAM
Another effective method to relieve your RAM and make your computer run more smoothly is to get rid of applications that you no longer use or that came with your startup computer and have never used. It may seem drastic but it is very effective. After all, what use are they if you don’t use them, except to slow down the normal use of your equipment? If you change your mind later you just have to reinstall them on your computer.
This process in principle is also simple although not with all applications. What does this mean? Some of them seem determined to stay on your team and will make it a little more difficult to get rid of them. Anyway, remember that when in doubt of what an application is for, you should not delete it. Be cautious and cautious in this and do not disable software insane.
Accessing applications and features you will see what applications have installed your team. And how much they occupy. So you can assess which ones to eliminate.
And how to do it?
- From the start menu click with the right mouse button on the application or program you want to uninstall.
- Find the Uninstall option in the pop-up menu and click on it. You will see that a window opens with the process to follow for the uninstallation of the program or application, the removal of which will help you free up RAM memory.
Use external tools to free up RAM and optimize RAM
There are external applications or programs that can help you free up RAM memory. It is an option to value. This type of software is responsible for optimizing the use of your computer. For many people it is an excellent solution. But others don’t like her deciding for herself the proper way to optimize equipment.
Evaluate whether in your case it is a relief to leave this task in the hands of an application or not. These offer advantages and disadvantages that should be analyzed in each case to make the decision to use it or not.
Some of the most popular RAM optimizers?
- Razer Cortex. It is a very popular program used above all by gaming enthusiasts with computers with a scarce RAM memory for the demanding use they require and who are temporarily unable to purchase a higher RAM memory gaming computer. You can use it for Windows 10 but also for computers with Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems.
- Iolo System Mechanic. It helps you free up RAM by blocking and deactivating what slows down the use of RAM as deprecated programs. It also helps to remove cache and internet history.
- Wise Memory Optimizer. It has a very easy-to-use interface and therefore and its effectiveness is one of the most popular RAM optimizers for any version of Windows. It is also free to use and you do not need to install it on your computer to use it, which is a plus to be assessed if in addition to the loaded RAM you have the internal hard disk occupied almost completely and at this time you cannot acquire a better computer.
- Clean Mem. It is not the program that will help you free up RAM memory in quantity but its success is based on its ability to optimize your RAM memory every 15 minutes. With this, it achieves that small actions suppose an important improvement in the use of the computer.
Remove plugins from your usual browser
Not all browsers have the same impact on the system. It is important that if you have the need to free up RAM memory, first of all values if you are using the most suitable browser so that your computer works with a normal speed.
Then proceed to clean the browser. This is especially important on computers with very low RAM memory. For example if you use a barebone with 2GB RAM. Or if this is not enough for the demanding use you make of your computer, for example if you intend to use as an efficient gaming computer a simple cheap computer for office use of 4Gb RAM.
So check your browser extensions and clean it to be able to free RAM and make your computer work more smoothly. Each browser has a different cleaning procedure but in general it is always very simple. Deleting the cache and cookies is something you should do periodically.
These tricks to free up RAM are a temporary solution to saturated RAM problems. But if it’s something that happens to you frequently, value the need to take appropriate measures. Check if your processor is compatible with a bigger RAM memory since replacing the one that your computer has with another one with more capacity would be a good solution. If not, seriously consider acquiring a computer with a larger capacity RAM that really allows you to make use of your equipment that you want and need.