Just bought a device Toyia MSRM US302 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender and need a quick recap on how to configure it? We will then help you step by step on how to get your Wi-Fi service to extend and run and eliminate the dead areas of your home or office.
Wifi Extender Features
- WiFi Technology802.11b/g/n
- WiFi Speed300Mbps
- WiFi Range172 m2
- WiFi Band2.4 GHz
- Number of Ethernet Ports1
MSRM US302 Wi-Fi Range Extender configuration
- Before purchasing and configuring the MSRM Wi-Fi Extender, make sure you have an active Internet connection with an existing wireless router in your home. This means that you already have Wi-Fi working somewhere in your home or office.
- Find a weak spot or a dead zone that has a weak signal. If the location you choose has no signal, then the extender installation becomes useless.
- Plug-in Extender into an electrical wall outlet, now using a wireless device such as your cell phone, notebook, tablet, etc. go to the Wi-Fi selection screen and select MSRM to connect.
- Open any work Web browser and type 192.168.10.1 in the Address field. An admin page will open. Type the following credentials to access the panel. User name: admin/Password: admin (everything is tiny)
- Click the “Repeater ” mode.
- Select the existing SSID (name) of your existing Wi-Fi network from your own wireless router that you are looking to extend.
- Now you have two options, in the fields below, you can create a new Wi-Fi network name, or use your existing SSID router name and the same password. The latter is recommended because you do not want to have to establish a new connection with existing devices in your home or office.
- In the SSID repeater field, enter the name of the existing Wi-Fi network and the same password. If you want to create a new network name, type only a different name (the password must remain the same as the router).
- Once you have reached the connection and your settings are saved correctly, it is time to connect to your extended WiFi network.
Now it should be all set up with your extended Wi-Fi network. You should be fine with an extender device, but if your home or office is huge and there are more dead areas, you can purchase additional extenders to expand Wi-Fi coverage.
If you are new to this device, you can read a full review for the MSRM US302 300Mbps Wi-Fi Range Extender and see if it is the right fit for you. Any questions, feel free to leave comments below. I hope this guide will help you.