How to Get Rid of Virus on Mac – Although they are much rarer if you own a Mac you may have contracted malware that captures your email information and fires to your entire contact list. But getting rid of them on the Mac is a pretty easy task. Here are some tips to avoid and remove this malicious software from your Mac.
How to Get Rid of Virus on Mac
Viruses today are transferred through your internet browsing, camouflaged in email attachments and malicious pages.
So if you see any security notifications, close your browser.
If you can not close in conventional mode, you can force shutdown by following the steps below:
- From the Apple menu ( command + option + ESC) select the “Force Quit” option .
- You will see the list of apps that are running on your machine. Select the browser and then click the ” Force Quit” button.
In some cases, this malware may install automatically. If this occurs cancel the installation process and does not provide the administrator password for your Mac. After canceling the installation follow the steps below to remove the installer:
Removing the installer
- Open the Downloads folder or the transfer location of your choice.
- Drag the installer to the Trash.
- Empty the Trash.
But if the malware is already on your machine …
This may be the most likely case of you asking for this help for us, right? But, do not worry follow the steps below and everything will return to normal:
Under no circumstances please provide your credit card information and avoid using any email, store and e-mail passwords. at this time.
- Open the Utility folder in the Applications folder, and start the Activity Monitor.
- Choose “All Processes” from the pop-up menu in the upper-right corner of the window.
- In the Process Name column, browse to the name of the app and click to select it. (The most common app names are MacDefender, MacSecurity, or MacProtector.)
- Click the “End Process” button in the upper left corner of the window.
- Select “End”.
- Close the Activity Monitor application.
- Open the Applications folder.
- Locate the malicious app.
- Drag it to the Trash and empty the Trash.
It is still possible that this program starts together with the system, so it is worth cleaning this registry of your Mac:
- Open “System Preferences” .
- Select “Accounts” and then “Startup Items.”
- Select the name of the app removed in the steps above.
- Click the minus button.
- Finally, follow the steps in Removing the installer.
Ready! now your Mac is already free of this threat.
If none of this solves
If you have done all the above suggestions and your Mac remains infected, the problem is much more serious and some file on your OSX may have been corrupted. In this case, we recommend that you restore your operating system. – How to Get Rid of Virus on Mac
Read This Article: How to Clean Up Startup Disk on Mac