A Guide On Video Marketing and Creating Epic Content for Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
Proper marketing is crucial for content on Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, and more to ensure success. Marketing using these platforms is almost mandatory to market the video towards the 18 to 24 demographic. This article focuses on effectively selling your content and video content on social media platforms and building an effective engagement.
Why is Video Marketing important?
- One of the most successful marketing mediums is using videos since 64% of users are more inclined to purchase online after watching a video.
- This figure at 80% is also seen to be highlighted. Video-based content is always known to bring in more engagement.
- Video-based marketing is most effective on the mobile platform since it has the most users. Most content creators are likely to use a video editor to make the videos more attractive, bringing in more audience.
A marketing guide for each of the big 5 social channels. Let us look at some of the best ideas for how you can market your social media channels via video-based content.
Recently, Facebook has prioritized video content, especially in its news feed algorithm. The following things can be implemented to make the most of a Facebook video –
- Use a 1:1 format that looks like a square. It outperforms landscape videos by 30-35%.
- Since 85% of videos are viewed without sound, proper captioning is crucial.
- Make the first 3 seconds of the video most captivating. A 3-second view is counted as a view.
- Devices have become advanced, so make sure to use 720p or 1080p video format to avoid the perception of poor quality video content.
- Export in the same format.
- Write a catchy and compelling headline that attracts attention.
Uploading and optimizing videos can be easily embedded into a website while making it a discoverable Google search algorithm to ensure proper discoverability. The following things can be implemented to make the most of a YouTube video –
- Since 40% more views are secured, “closed captioning” must be featured in your video.
- Since 20-25% watch for less than 10 seconds, the first 10 to 20 seconds of a video should convey the purpose and ensure that people don’t leave.
- We need to construct well-structured metadata for better Search Engine Optimization rankings, including proper tagging and descriptions. It also provides an excellent opportunity to plug commercials and other social media handles.
- People associate low-quality videos with low-quality content; therefore, 720p and1080p videos must be your minimum requirement for uploading the video.
- Put effort into choosing the right keywords to ensure channel growth and views.
Snapchat has a highly young user base and is used as a premier form of communication. Therefore to have an influence, Snapchat can be a fantastic tool. The following things can be implemented to make the most of a Snapchat video –
- 33% of videos on Snapchat are watched with no audio, therefore captivating text and drawing in your video.
- 2% of viewers leave after one snap, so make it flawless.
- We need a native feel to ensure engagement, so a vertically created video is the way to go.
- Engage in a variety of content to avoid a monotonous feel.
Instagram is prioritising video content with the launches of IGTV and Instagram stories targeting both long and short-form videos. It is a great new video marketing opportunity. The following things can be executed to make the most of Instagram video–
- A square form of video is more engaging in IG; therefore, use 1:1 format for video editing.
- Instagram requires tapping on the video to enable sound, so take silence as a given and include features like captioning and figures extensively.
- Maintain continuity when it comes to content on IG. Keep videos related to your photos and prevent divergence from the content of your photos.
- Optimise your captions and tags and include at least one hashtag to get 12% more engagement.
- Any video on your phone destined for Instagram stories will not be allowed after 24 hours of its creation, which also applies to videos you upload from your computer.
- Add context and provide things like behind the scenes for your posts to make your photos feel alive.
82% of users watch video content, and 21% consider it a great place for video content when it comes to Twitter. IT is a unique platform and comprises 1-on-1 interactions. The following things can be enforced to make the most of a Twitter video –
- Since it’s a unique platform, humanize your videos. It must have people at the beginning of the video, making it 2x more likely to be viewed.
- Form an anecdote with a clear structure in your video. It must have a clear initial, middle and conclusory part.
- The video can have a size of up to 512MB and 140 seconds when it comes to time.
- The formats supported are MP$ and MOV for mobile apps, and that’s the biggest demographic of users.
Let us now look at some of the basic necessities for creating a decent video:
Software for video editing
After arranging all the hardware, you need to think of what video editor you want to use for your videos. Both mobile and desktop-based video editors can create great quality videos. Remember that the more attractive a video is, the better it becomes for social media engagement.
Hardware essential for video creation
- iPhone 5 or newer – An iPhone provides extremely high-quality video for a meager cost of production. And iPhones 6 and later can even record 4k video.
- Android Phone – Android cameras offer various devices with the required quality in different budgets.
- Camcorders – These can be found cheap and are the next best option for video recording.
- Phone Camera Tripod – A good tripod can make a cheap phone recording look professional, rid the video of distracting movements, and provide stability.
- Microphone – The microphones on the phones and camcorders aren’t the best for sound quality, so an additional microphone allows for getting well-targeted audio without distortion.
In today’s world, if we do not market our videos on these platforms, we cannot reach a big audience, especially if your target audience is young. The combined effect of using these platforms is like a multiplier effect in which popularity in one platform directly translates into two views on another platform. If we integrate the five platforms given above, we can see how a positive feedback loop popularity can be achieved.